After justifying my role as a digital marketer and a Google certified trainer from last 10 years few questions or statements which I hear on a daily basis –
- You were lucky; you entered in this industry 10 years back. We are late now
- Is there a growth in Digital Marketing career?
- Are we late to make a career in digital marketing?
- What are the growth prospects?
- What fields can I get into?
- I am not an engineer guy, Can I still make a career in Digital Marketing
Well, my friends, my answer is – ‘YES, GET INTO DIGITAL MARKETING. IT’S AN OCEAN FULL OF OPPORTUNITIES’.
Trust me or come down to my office and you’ll come to know that I receive numerous business queries on daily basis but I have to let them go as we lack resources/manpower. There is a huge scope in digital marketing because of the shortage of SEO analyst, optimized content writers, social media managers, Google analytics expert etc.
And hence, there lies an opportunity for all those who are willing or thinking to become a DIGITAL MARKETER.
Let me take you through the current trends, opportunities, and future of digital marketing.
Current Trends in Digital Marketing
- According to Cisco’s Visual Networking Index (VNI) report, by 2021, 829 million Indians (59 percent of the population) are expected to use internet on a daily basis
- Out of above 829 million, 79% will access the internet through mobile leaving behind countries like US & UK
- India going digital with 20 billion internet devices to be available by 2021 (Currently 1.4 Billion)
- Monthly data consumption to grow nearly 5 times from 3.9 GB to 18 GB
- 90% of Indian brands spend 15% of their annual marketing budget on Social Media Marketing
- Government agency National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN) is working towards providing 100 MBPS broadband connectivity to all the gram panchayats.
‘Just imagine the potential of Digital Marketing if we enter into untapped rural markets’
And hence, Digital Marketing has become a need of the hour. It is the easiest, quickest and the most cost-effective way to reach masses and classes. It will soon become a necessity for any business to survive and thrive in this DIGITAL ERA.
Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing is an industry which as a whole is expected to generate 20 Lakh jobs by the year 2020
- With government supporting Indian startups more and more jobs would be created for people in the field of Digital marketing
- It provides various opportunities. If you love coding you can go for web designing or you can live for your love of writing by becoming a content writer. The other common verticals are – SEO Analyst, Social Media Manager, You Tuber, Affiliate Marketer etc.
- You can even work as a freelancer on a project basis or become entrepreneur
- You can even make a career in Digital Marketing if you are expert in some regional language as marketing in rural areas and through local languages is thriving
- There is a huge demand-supply gap as more & more companies are either outsourcing or setting up their own digital marketing team
If you want to learn digital marketing you can join the best Digital Marketing Course in Jaipur.
(To know more about digital marketing jobs & careers read our blog – Digital Marketing Job opportunities in India)
Growth in Digital Marketing
- Internet traffic will grow at an annual compound growth rate of 32%.
- As per the report published in Economic Times – ‘Online advertising market in India is increasing by 30% year on year’
- According to a Google and KPMG report (April 2017), titled ‘Indian Languages- Defining India’s internet’, 9 out of every 10 new internet users in India are likely to be regional language users over the next five years. Download Complete Report in PDF Format from here!
- The local Indian language user is estimated to grow at 18% CAGR touching around 500 million by 2020
- The expected share of advertisement allocate to digital media is around Rs 25,200 crores by the year 2020
- The e-commerce industry is growing rapidly. With people choosing click over brick opportunities have increased drastically.
- Due to low-cost smart-phone and internet access customer can connect with business anytime and anywhere.
- The customer is King – Engagement with your customer or target customer has become a necessity. Digital Marketing makes it possible.
The growth in digital marketing clearly suggests that demand for digital marketing professional would increase tremendously in nearby future.
I believe I have cleared the doubts of those who are thinking, planning or evaluating a career in Digital Marketing. I vouch for what I have said earlier it’s an ‘OCEAN OF OPPORTUNITY’
‘JUMP IN THE DIGITAL MARKETING OCEAN AND THE WAVES OF OPPORTUNITIES WOULD HELP YOU SAIL THROUGH’
So, Now that you know the importance of digital marketing course, enroll today and promote your own business or get hired at the best digital marketing company.