If you are preparing for the social media job interview then you must read these social media marketing interview questions. Majority of the people does not fails in interview due to lack of skills or knowledge but due to the lack of confidence.
Confidence comes from knowing the question pattern. That’s why we suggest you to read all these social media interview question. We have also included the answers with them. Study them all and you will do great in the interview. Don’t forget to read the last part. We have also included 3 tips to answer interview questions with confidence.
Social Media Marketing Interview Questions with Answers
1) What is Social Media?
This is a very basic social media marketing interview question. If you fail to answer this, it can ruin your first impression in front of the interviewer. The answer is given below.
Websites like Facebook, and Instagram are part of social media. Social media is a place where people can create and share ideas using these websites. There are many benefits of social media. It has given freedom of speech to all individuals. Now everyone can stand up for their right. All have equal opportunity.
2) Why Social Media Marketing is Important for Any Business?
More than 59% of the world’s population uses social media. According to some reports, every user spends a daily average time of 2 hours & 29 minutes. When all users are online, marketing should also be online that’s why social media marketing is important for any business.
The other thing is, social media marketing is cheap and gives high return on investment. So why any business will ignore social media marketing? All should leverage it for high profits.
3) What is More Important – No. of Followers vs Post Engagement?
This is one of the most asked social media marketing interview questions. The answer is post engagement is more important than the number of followers.
For example, if you have 50K followers but only get 100-200 likes or comments. Then what is the purpose of those followers? Social media platforms do not show your all posts to your followers.
So always focus on engagement rather than likes or followers. If you are getting good engagement then you can build a loyal customer base. 10K loyal followers are better than 1 Million general followers.
4) How Do You Deal with Social Media Algorithm Updates?
Whether it’s search engine or social media. All update their algorithms to give a better experience to the users. As a social media marketer, we need to adapt to the changes and plan new strategies according to the updates.
Many updates can ruin the hard work of months. This is the disadvantage of social media to businesses. These platforms can do anything to give their customers the best.
5) How Do You Create Social Media Strategy for a Business?
You might get asked this social media marketing interview question. You can also read one book – 1 Page marketing plan. It is one of the best digital marketing books. But don’t have time for reading books then prepare the answer as follows.
- The first step to creating a social media marketing strategy is to identify the goal of the business.
- The second step is to know the marketing budget of the business.
After knowing both of these things. We need to choose the platform and plan as per the budget. If the client has a low budget then we will suggest them to go with organic. For big-budget clients, paid marketing will be a better option.
6) Which is Better Paid vs Organic Social Media Marketing?
Both work well in different scenarios. Let’s understand this in detail.
Paid Social Media Marketing
- Best to get instant results.
- Acquire the market share fast.
- Best for – Direct marketing, eCommerce businesses, etc.
- Cost per acquisition (CPA) can be higher.
Organic Social Media Marketing
- Slow results but great results.
- Build credibility in the market.
- Best for – Branding, and reducing the cost per acquisition.
- Cost per acquisition (CPA) will be lower.
7) Which Type of Content Performs Well on Social Media?
Short video form of content performs well on social media. Nowadays, every social media platform is promoting shorts because of the low attention span of humans.
8) Which Social Media Platforms are Best for Business Growth?
Every business has different goals. There are many social media platforms available in the market. First, we need to understand the goal of the business then we can suggest the best platform.
For example, if you have an eCommerce store then Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube will be best for you. The goal of an eCommerce store is to bring sales and these platforms are best for getting online sales. So this is how you decide a platform for business growth.
9) Tell About Your Any One Successful Social Media Campaign?
This is among the most asked social media marketing interview questions. You need to tell the interviewer about your any successful campaign. If you didn’t got any big success yet then tell them about any small win. Don’t ignore the answer. Tell them about your smallest success, if you don’t have any big yet.
10) What Are the Social Media KPIs You Use?
Every interviewer always asks social media marketing interview questions related to KPIs. You can give an answer as below.
Here are examples of some social media KPIs. To read the full guide, visit Hubspot.
- No. of followers
- Conversion Rate
- ROAS, etc.
11) What Strategies Do You Follow to Go Ahead From Competitors?
It is one of the unique social media marketing interview questions. You can read the answer below.
Innovation is the only strategy to go ahead of competitors. If we can produce better & engaging content than our competitors then automatically users will come to us. Continuous innovation is the only strategy to win the game.
12) Which is Better Social Media vs Search Engine Marketing?
This is also a common SEO interview question. It can be asked from both SEO as well social media candidates. The answer is given below.
Both have their pros and Cons. In some cases, social media works very well than SEM. It all depends upon the situation. Both benefits businesses according to different needs.
- Best for branding and direct marketing.
- It generally follows a push marketing approach.
- Lower conversion rate than search engine marketing.
Search Engine Marketing
- It follows a pull marketing approach.
- Higher conversion rate than social media.
13) How Can You Help Us in Improving the Social Media Presence of Our Company?
You need to study about the company before going for the interview. To give you some idea, we have included the answer to this question below.
First, we will understand the marketing objective of your company then we will plan a strategy according to that. To improve the social media presence, we will find the flaws in the content and plan new content. We will also decide on some KPIs to measure the growth. This is how we can help you in improving your social media presence.
14) What is AIDA?
AIDA stands for Awareness, Interest, Desire, and Action. This formula is used by every online marketer.
15) How to Go Viral on Social Media?
Going viral is the wish of every brand. You might get asked this social media interview question. You can answer this question as mentioned below.
The best way to go viral on social media is to create shareable content. Make your content like this,
- Relevant to the audience.
- Keep it simple and easy to understand.
- Do something unique
By following these three things, anyone can go viral on social media. Nobody goes viral from the first video. One must have done some effort before expecting to go viral.
16) How to Deal with Negative Comments on Social Media?
The best way to deal with negative comments is to reply to them and solve their issues. Many companies ignore replying to negative comments, but this can make a dent to the brand image of a company. If companies don’t reply, people will assume the company’s fault.
Another thing that can be done to deal with negative comments is to get replies from the supporters. Brand’s supporters will fight with the negative comment. This can save the brand’s image.
17) What is ROAS and How to Increase it?
ROAS stands for Return on Ad spend. You can increase it by improving your ad copy, pricing, and target audience.
18) Tell Us About Your Previous Work Samples.
In social media marketing interview questions, every company asks for previous work samples. If you don’t have previous work samples then you can show your social media profiles as an example too. You must work and improve your all social media handles. This can differentiate you from other candidates and help you get a job.
19) How to Generate Leads From Social Media?
You need to run a lead generation campaign to generate leads. Generally, social media marketers offer lead magnets like ebooks to attract the audience. Paid ads are still the best way to generate leads from social media. The cost per lead is also very less in social media as compared to cold calling or any form of other advertising.
20) Is Social Media Good for All Kinds of Businesses?
Almost all kinds of businesses can benefit from social media. Small business owners can create organic content and post it on social media. This will give them reach among new people.
Big organizations can focus on both organic as well as paid marketing campaigns. This can help in branding and building a loyal customer base.
3 Tips to Answer all Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
1. Be confident – If you are nervous during the interview then you cannot perform at the best level.
2. Avoid memorizing the Answers – Understand the pattern of questions but avoid memorizing the all Social media marketing interview questions & answers. You must try to understand the fundamentals because it is not a school exam.
3. Focus on the Process Rather than the Results- If you focus on results more than the process then you will have fear of losing which is not good for the interview.